TelmoEsteves24

Soccerpulse Refugees

14 posts in this topic

I was just browsing around today to check If I could get to know any good forums, like the old days and found nothing, that's when I remembered to check if I could reach out any SoccerPulse old members. Is there anyone here? It's been so many years since the forum died(probably the greatest community I ever been into).
602774_512095448811531_286863597_n.png.9fcca5ddaa96480b74b6c747da951f3c.png

Sorry for the nostalgic post, I was just curious. Feel free to reply! :)

Yes. Soccerpulse the best ever. Even now i m very nostalgic about that place.

@TelmoEsteves24 You might remember me from the MKB days.  I uploaded a lot of Soccer AM showboat videos there. 

1 person likes this

3 hours ago, The Next Berbatov said:

@TelmoEsteves24 You might remember me from the MKB days.  I uploaded a lot of Soccer AM showboat videos there. 

Yeah! I remember you. Good to see there's still some familiar names around.

Wish there could be a community like back in the day though :(
Not trying to disrespect  this site, I actually appreciate SoccerShout for staying active till now. I just remembered yesterday that I still had an account here :lol:

13 hours ago, TelmoEsteves24 said:

Not trying to disrespect  this site, I actually appreciate SoccerShout for staying active till now. I just remembered yesterday that I still had an account here :lol:

Technology and money. Discussions lost out to things like Facebook. Most discussion forums that were big in the SoccerPulse days have since closed up completely. I miss the activity as well. 

On 6/24/2017 at 2:32 PM, TelmoEsteves24 said:

I was just browsing around today to check If I could get to know any good forums, like the old days and found nothing, that's when I remembered to check if I could reach out any SoccerPulse old members. Is there anyone here? It's been so many years since the forumarrow-10x10.png died(probably the greatest community I ever been into).

Also, after SoccerPulse closed up, a lot of members split up and quite a few ended up at Tiki-taka.org. That site also closed up a year or so ago. I don't know that there was a single place anyone went after that.

Facebook killed every discussion forum and the sad part is I dont like / don't have discussions on facebook. 

I wasnt very active on SP but i know a lot about its history and how big an impact it made.

On 26/06/2017 at 4:20 AM, frstplce said:

Technology and money. Discussions lost out to things like Facebook. Most discussion forums that were big in the SoccerPulse days have since closed up completely. I miss the activity as well.

Also, after SoccerPulse closed up, a lot of members split up and quite a few ended up at Tiki-taka.org. That site also closed up a year or so ago. I don't know that there was a single place anyone went after that.

This is so true. I was struggling to find a forum, even FootyLounge/MilanKakaBaros(which I was moderator back then at some point) is closed, I wasn't aware till a few days ago. I've stop going to forums as well due to facebook.

Nothing lasts forever, also people grew up - not saying that there's a specific age to be in a football forum, lol. But you get me, life happens. Work, family, school/college...

I know people use reedit but I much rather be in forums like this... Maybe one day this forum or another might get the job done! :)

9 minutes ago, TelmoEsteves24 said:

Nothing lasts forever, also people grew up - not saying that there's a specific age to be in a football forum, lol. But you get me, life happens. Work, family, school/college...

I know people use reedit but I much rather be in forums like this... Maybe one day this forum or another might get the job done! :)

Actually, Male, ages 15-25. That was the majority of the SoccerPulse visiting audience. I haven't paid so much attention to that lately, because the sample numbers are far lower now. I was right in the middle of that demographic at 18 when SoccerPulse launched in 2002. But I guess in 15 years the Internet has evolved quite a bit, though not all for the better IMO. 

As for Reddit, I do browse occasionally. But the structure is kind of a mess. It's really the worlds biggest, more disorganized forum. I think it's sadly resulted in a lot less discussion overall, as you have a few people who do post something of significance while everyone else settles for a "like" or thumbs up.