Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
John Flushing

Recently purchased.

8 posts in this topic

51XEye4z9EL._SY300_QL70_.jpg

I can't believe I found this at the local grocery store. This morning I had a breakfast of 12 yorkshire puddings with roast beef and mashed potatoes and gravy (and drank one quart of milk). Nothing is better.

Edited by John Flushing

2 hours ago, John Flushing said:

51XEye4z9EL._SY300_QL70_.jpg

I can't believe I found this at the local grocery store. This morning I had a breakfast of 12 yorkshire puddings with roast beef and mashed potatoes and gravy (and drank one quart of milk). Nothing is better.

Sounds more like a lunch/dinner to me. I rarely manage more than a bowl of cereal in the morning.

819UMN2YDYL._SL1500_.jpg

My most recent. Vornado fan. It got too hot too quickly here. This thing moves a ridiculous amount of air for something so small.

Things I purchased recently.

1) I bought myself a hayride at an apple orchard. The hayride carried me to and from the corn maze.

2) I could have purchased a cider doughnut at the orchard, but the doughnut line was so long, I chose not to get in line. I would have waited an hour and a half for the doughnut. I drove to the grocery store and purchased a pumpkin muffin instead, and waited in line for 18 seconds.

3) I purchased a train ticket, and attended the Macy's Thanksgiving Day parade, watching from the corner of Sixth Avenue and 42nd Street.

4) I went to Walmart on Black Friday at 4:00 A.M. The cops were walking up and down the aisles. I tried to purchase one U.S.B. flash drive and two bottles of water, but the person in front of me at the register, refused to let me go in front of him in line, even though he had what looked like 75 items.:(

5) I got tired of waiting for the slow customer to scan all 75 barcodes. I left the store at 4:10 A.M. and returned at 5:00 P.M. This time around, the person in front of me (who had what looked like 95 items) was begging me to go in front of him. I thanked him kindly as I purchased my three items.

6) The Salvation Army Bell Ringer was ringing the bell at Walmart, and I gave a donation.

7) On the evening of the M.L.S. Cup Final, I visited a coffee house, and purchased a Shepherd's Pie, thereby giving myself an excuse to sit in the coffee house and watch the Cup Final. It was a very good game, and it gave me great joy that the game did not go into overtime. I wanted to go to bed as early as possible.

16 hours ago, John Flushing said:

6) The Salvation Army Bell Ringer was ringing the bell at Walmart, and I gave a donation.

I haven't seen them outside as many stores this year. I generally don't walk by a single one without dropping in a couple of dollars. If I pass by a large number of them, this starts to become expensive. Same deal with anyone collecting for veterans or animal charities.

Most of my expenses lately have been Christmas shopping. But I did just get to spend $240 on a new starter for my car, because it had to die while I was at work, of course...

I purchased cheese from the grocery store for the first time in my life today (as my old-school readers such as Carl Monday and Much Lucho may remember, I hate cheese). I did not know that there were two different cheese departments (one for cheese plus other dairy products, and one on the opposite end of the store, for cheese only), nor did I know that cheese could be so expensive (or so cheap, depending on what brand of cheese/type of cheese you buy), nor did I know there were types within types (sharp cheddar, not-so-sharp cheddar, extra-sharp cheddar, etcetera), nor did I know that my local grocery store does not sell mouse traps to go with the cheese.

Hopefully the mouse traps I purchased from the local Home Depot will (with the help of the cheese and peanut butter) successfully kill the small brown rodent that appeared to me in my apartment this morning. He disappeared before I could use the sole of my shoe to squash him.

I have a high maintenance mouse trap called a cat. But lacking one of those, try ammonia or peppermint oil soaked into cotton balls and placed near where you found the mouse. They hate the smell and can drive them out without killing them.

I have a Jack Russell terrier, awesome mouse/rat killing machine, needs daily attention though