Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
John Flushing

Things you hate.

226 posts in this topic

Where I live, some convenient stores and sit-down restaurants are open on Christmas Day, but they typically close on or around 2:00 P.M. to allow employees at least some time to enjoy the holiday.

I hate the Greyhound bus company which had a bus ran one and a half hours late today, which caused me to miss my connection, which is going to cause me to be awake half the night because of the bus schedule, waiting for the next connection to leave the Chicago bus station. I called them scumbags to their face and told them that I will boycott their corporation for the rest of my life, even if I stay alive until the year three thousand.

In a few days/weeks, the Recently Purchased thread will show where the train/bus takes me. I told everyone back in 2007 where I was going to wind up someday, somewhere over the rainbow, way up high, I will soon visit a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.

somewhere-over-the-rainbow.jpg

Edited by John Flushing

On 4/10/2018 at 2:36 PM, John Flushing said:

I hate the Greyhound bus company which had a bus ran one and a half hours late today, which caused me to miss my connection, which is going to cause me to be awake half the night because of the bus schedule, waiting for the next connection to leave the Chicago bus station. I called them scumbags to their face and told them that I will boycott their corporation for the rest of my life, even if I stay alive until the year three thousand.

Ouch. For a moment I was thinking local bus, and I'm like "why not just get an Uber?" Never done any long distance travel without my car, so I've never experienced the pain of Greyhound.

I'd say my big rant right now is businesses using covid to just come and go as they please. It's occuring with far too much regularity that a store will have hours posted and just close up and go home a half hour or hour early because...???

Nothing like driving across town only to find out it was a wasted trip. Or somewhat recently where I used a restaurants app to put in my dinner order, go to pick it up and find out they weren't even there. Then get to spend a half hour on a phone call with corporate just to get a refund 2 weeks later. 

These will be the SAME companies that will be closing for lack of business or begging for bailouts. I have zero sympathy for any of them. it's time to stop screwing around, put on the big boy pants, and get back to work. If not, don't cry when Amazon and Walmart drive you out of business because they could adapt when you can't.

And just an FYI, this rant was posted from the parking lot of yet another store that closed an hour before they were scheduled, leaving me hanging.

My big rant before the coronavirus was walking into a store only to get told "THIS STORE IS CLOSED WHAT IN THE WORLD ARE YOU DOING HERE!?!?" If the store was closed then they really had no business leaving their door hanging wide open like that (sometimes, they even propped their door open with a block of wood).

My other gripe was travelling to the food place, only to find that they were out well over half of the items in the menu (there was a Sunoco station in my area which was doing this almost every day). If half the items in the menu are rarely available, then these aforementioned items really should not appear in the menu in the first place (and if they are available for purchase, then they should be considered a special, not a regular menu item).

o.jpg

IMG_4353.jpg

I hate it when people do not clean up after their dogs. I just ordered a hamburger at a street festival a few minutes ago. After eating my food, I smelled something gross on the bottom of my shoe. I then spent several minutes in the public bathroom, using the soap, the sink, the toilet paper, and the toilet bowl, to remove Number Two from the bottom of my shoe. So gross.