Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
John Flushing

Things you hate.

226 posts in this topic

Yeah, that's the way I like it too! But this time I was very greedy and bought too many things :P

I strongly hate the fact that for as long as I am alive, it will never be humanly possible to sit down and watch a football game live. I have been trying unsuccessfully to watch the Arsenal/West Ham United game for what seems like an eternity and all that I ever get is a choppy stream that takes an eternity to load and then it dies on me every five seconds. I spend a lot more time staring at my computer screen and contending with a stream that is more uncooperative than a small child who flips out on me and makes a massive scene in the middle of the grocery store than I spend being able to sit back and enjoy the game. If I ever get to be able to sit down and watch a football game, then it is going to be a wonderful thing. It is easier for a pig to sprout wings and fly than for the internet to provide its users with a steady stream of a football game.

I am now watching a Youtube video of a recent English League game. At least this is better than nothing.

Edited by John Flushing

I  hate the fact its march and its still cold :(

1 person likes this

I hate the fact that the International House of Pancakes did not sell gingerbread pancakes this year. I tried to make my own (using pancake mix from Amazon) but all that I ended up with was burnt pieces of scrambled pancakes. Perhaps I should invest in a pancake iron or waffle iron someday.

Things I hate :

A person who interferes in my private life ( no matter who, whoever can be from mother to a colleague ) 

religion 

not being sleep at night ( while just a moment before you were dozing off ! )

exams !

I hate the statement the newscaster made a few minutes ago (I was watching A.B.C. Seven Eyewitness News).

Driving while texting. We all have done it at one time or another.

I have never done it. I am not interested in dying a preventable death; therefore, I do not text on the phone while driving, nor do I see why anyone would.

Driving while texting is like driving with both of your eyes closed. It simply does not work.

14 hours ago, John Flushing said:

I have never done it. I am not interested in dying a preventable death; therefore, I do not text on the phone while driving, nor do I see why anyone would.

Driving while texting is like driving with both of your eyes closed. It simply does not work.

I'm guilty on occasion. Though I do try to rely on voice dictation most of the time now. However, my work has me on local roads during late night hours, so I'm more likely to run into a deer or a tree than a person or another car. 

I guess I should add, I have thousands of hours behind the wheel and zero at-fault accidents in over 15 years. Like everything else, experience plays a part. Some people can barely even handle having a radio in their car without being too distracted. I remember years ago I used to see a lot of guys headed to work in the morning reading the newspaper, while having breakfast, while driving. And doing a darn fine job of it too.

Stores that open on Thanksgiving continues to make my yearly hate list.

I don't care if the stores are giving things away for free, I DO NOT shop Thanksgiving. Where possible, I've even been looking to spend my money for the rest of the holiday season at stores which respect our holidays and family time. Fortunately a number of stores have the decency to keep shopping out of Thanksgiving. For the others, I can only hope they will fail as financially as they have morally.

Three points in response:

1) Good for you. I know of quite a few people who refuse to shop on Christmas Day, for similar reasons. These people whom I know, refuse to help the store owner make the employees work, on a day when the customers have the day off (the customers have time for relaxation/time with friends/time with loved ones/time to celebrate).

2) The store employees are non-essential employees. They are not hospital workers, nor are they firefighters, nor are they police officers, etcetera.

3) I enjoyed going to church to enjoy a Thanksgiving celebration this year, and appreciated the decision of my employer to permit me to celebrate and eat turkey in the church hall with those whom I know. I also enjoyed going to church for Mardi Gras this year.

16 hours ago, John Flushing said:

1) Good for you. I know of quite a few people who refuse to shop on Christmas Day, for similar reasons. These people whom I know, refuse to help the store owner make the employees work, on a day when the customers have the day off (the customers have time for relaxation/time with friends/time with loved ones/time to celebrate).

Whoa. I'm totally with you on that one. Is that really a thing though? Here, there's just a very small number of convenience stores open on Christmas. The Wawa convenience stores are the only ones who stay open all day, and only those that sell gas. The ones that don't close most of the day. Actual gas stations are the only other stores I know to be open. All of the retailers, even all of the fast food is completely shut down here all of Christmas day.

On another thread related note, buying alcohol in my home state of Pennsylvania.