Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Toño

What book are you reading now?

32 posts in this topic

other interests :P

1 person likes this

excuses :P

hahaha i may get reading soon, i read magazines if that counts ;)

Ordered few new books about motivation & self education. Can't wait for 'em ;)

Started reading again and got back to Tolle and his 'Power of Now'. What I have read today just perfectly describes my recent worries and unability to enjoy the journey rather than seeking for destination. Here's some piece I just stumbled upon, quite funny:

Carl Jung tells in one of his books of a conversation he had with a Native American chief who pointed out to him that in his perception most white people have tense faces, staring eyes, and a cruel demeanor. He said: "They are always seeking something. What are they seeking? The whites always want something. They are always uneasy and restless. We don't know what they want. We think they are mad."

By 'white' people Tolle, or should I say, Native American Chief, means of course europeans, americans and modern civilization in general. And y'know, things still haven't changed much, we are exactly like this haha :lol:

By the way, I would recommend to read Carl Jung as well, at least his autobiography. Quite good.

:) haven't read 'Power of Now' yet...it still laying here in my computer :lol:

we're all always seeking something...

i'm seeking for videos...you seeking for books... :lol:

not sure about others awakened :unsure: ...i guess they're still seeking for foods and waters... :D

1 person likes this

i'm seeking for videos...you seeking for books... :lol:

Haha, that's a good one!  :lol: I am sure still seeking for knowledge. Today I have found a bit more. Sometimes you open a book and see exactly what you have been needed, like it was specifically wrote for you.

As for others, I am afraid they looking for something else. 

;) stoped read books about 10+ years...now a bit..but usually gave-up very soon...

i guess...books are really belong to author's inspired/thinked... :)

for example....books express a beautiful place...but when i go there...not exactly what the books mean... :lol:

1 person likes this

Books for me the main source of knowledge, inspiration and, sometimes, the meaning of life. I have found some great purpose and desire, reading few authors. It's like Richard D. Bach said in one of his books, those authors of your favourite books may be your best friends. You does not know them in person, however reading all of their stories, you can actually feel them pretty well. Quite funny.

Books can keep your own pace, you can read them while you want or can. I always liked to learn someting new, and even though it is not the only way, still, quite important one ;)

As for places, well.. I would prefer go to places and see 'em for myself. Also for better viewing, I would rather watch some BBC/NG documentary. And use books to learn more about region, animals, culture and nature. Also, for the past few years I started read different types of books and there are more about 'learn' rather than 'see'.

:) yeah

but for some reason..."knowledge" lay within ourself...it's really not from outside sources...

sources might help us to open our mind...and also get our mind stuck... ;)

quite sometime we realized that...some sources we already knew it...just a reminder...nothing new :)

1 person likes this