Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
frstplce

Terms of Service Update Announcement

5 posts in this topic

TOS MATERIAL CHANGE ANNOUNCEMENT

AUGUST 30, 2012

We have always been open about changes that affect our users. For many years now, we have operated with nearly the same Terms of Service since the original SoccerPulse opened in 2002. While there have been minor material changes, these Terms have not been significantly modified in this entire time period. In 10 years though, the web has changed considerably. How we do business online, and our expectations of the companies that operate online have also shifted in this time. As a result, we too have had to reassess our practices. For the first time in those 10 years are making sweeping changes to our Terms of Service.

Much of the details on how your account is handled on the forum, and our rights as Operators to handle accounts and posts remain the same.

The prior requirement of logging in every 6 months or having at least 5 posts to prevent account deletion has been removed. User accounts will be kept indefinitely, or until management decides to run a manual removal. All user requests to have their account closed will continue to be honored.

Posting in English requirement has been removed from the TOS and will be moved to Posting Rules.

The rest of changes are basically to cover the sites liability on your data, and the limits legally we could be held responsible. We’ve also outlined our policy on copyright complaints and how we handle them. This stuff is exceedingly boring to read, but we still suggest you do so, and if you have any comments/concerns to address them with us.

The current Terms can be found here, or at any time by clicking the Terms of Service link at the bottom of every page.

Best Regards,

Bill Linkfield

Owner/Developer

SoccerShouts.com

Addendum: Your continued use of this site acknowledges acceptance of these revised terms. Any user who wishes to no longer be bound by this agreement can contact us and your account will be removed from our systems.

1 person likes this

So in general we still can use this forum for goods - upload/download videos, have some conversation with people, read posts and enjoy our time here, right?

Bingo. How the forum operates isn't changing. Really, the only people might be disappointed by the change are those who might one day consider suing SoccerShouts. For everyone else, we continue to do what we've always done. Unfortunately, both myself and the server are located in the litigation happy United States. It's that unavoidable truth that turns the old short and sweet agreement into a 1500+ word necessity. :(

1 person likes this

Well I see then, why sometimes things could be so complicated ;) Anyway, good to know it, thanks for explanation because I was a little bit confused with all that 'heavy' stuff. Back to quiet days.

Am i allowed to advertise my drugs cartel on here please Bill? I'll up your cut of the profit if you let me ;).