Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
frstplce

Soccershouts updates thread

27 posts in this topic

Thanks for the extensive input. I hadn't really thought of the design as an older looking type, but I can see how a couple of elements could give that impression.

One of the biggest things with this skin was looking for something that was different. We have the Simple Blue skin, and Classic is already a brighter sort of red theme. Mostly though, they're based on the same layout and structure as the default skin supplied by the forums software designers. At this point, I am trying to get a few different options for the "feel" of the board, as different people like different things.

I do currently have another planned, with a feel that closely replicates the small condensed layout of a Xenforo board. I'm still having a few issues with that though in the posts template due to the large avatars we have here, but I will get it eventually. :)

As for a poll, that is another good idea but I think I will wait a couple more months until the fall when things pick back up again. We will probably get more feedback that way.

1 person likes this

Yes, completely agree, difference is a key here - it's not about good or bad but about a choice and pretty sure new members will love new red skin, even though I think if this skin was available when I was registered here maybe I could choose it instead of blue, who knows.

And yeah, I had a look up on the classic one again and man, I already forgot how it looks like (you can see how Simple Blue caught up my mind haha).

Another thing I've been noticed is those numbers in brackets after the skin's name, for example ---> Classic (11). So numbers are actually amount of people using that skin, because when I changed it, number also did change (how so simple things goes so slowly for my understanding... :\) But then... wait a minute, why is so small amount? I mean, in general it's like 33 people using board skins but what about another few thousands people out there?..Or still I got it in the wrong way?

With fall coming up, boards will definitely get more active members around, when football in Europe will start again, so yeah I think it's good idea just wait a few months to get start a poll. And with another skin coming we will have more options, nice :)

ps^ those twitter & facebook icons on right top of the Red Skin looks kool by the way (:

Edited by fobiuz.fr

Those numbers next to the skin do represent how many people are using the particular skin. It doesn't account for anyone who just has their skin set as default, as their skin would be changed based on whatever is set as the boards default. So in this case, everyone not listed is seeing Simple Blue.

Turkish Video forum added along with the updated tags for it and moved the Euro 2012 Video Subforum into International Archived Tournaments.

I see, there's show\hide additional option in profile now, but can I put this settings as it was before? I mean put that info 'always on' by default?

And seems like forum now runs a little bit quicker.

I'm working to see if I can make an option available. Right now it is just on/off at system level. The goal is to reduce Page scroll, as oftentimes the profile space on topics takes up more than the post space.

Also, pages should be loading faster now as certain image elements on pages will not load immediately and only show once you scroll to them.

Ok, I see the reason. You might be right, despite there's some long posts (especially in video section), most quite short though. It would be nice if there will be an option to change it in the future, but yet again it's not the major issue you will upset with.

Good feature with image elements as well.

Thank you for the updates :)

I wasn't on the main page for ages and looks like all the graphical issues fixed (for me) and it also have been quite changed - good work!

Also loggin in now have took a bit longer time and my Firefox seems to be kinda confused with all the new enhanced security system haha.

Thank you for the updates!

Yes, logging in/out may take an extra second or two to process now. That is because browsers won't cache parts or all of the page for security, so the browser has to download the page content each time. Additionally, the data is passed through 256-bit encryption to ensure security of your login details. This is especially important for anyone accessing the site through a public computer or via a public wifi point. Once the login/logout is processed the rest of the pages run in standard non-secured mode, which should still be pretty quick.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 31 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online