Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
frstplce

Soccershouts updates thread

27 posts in this topic

Calendar feeds have been added. The main calendar will notify of birthdays and upcoming games. A news calendar has been added with current and upcoming related events. An Olympics calendar has been added for those interested in keeping track of the upcoming events.

Thats great. Will it be possible to add an calender for Epl? It will be really cool but there are always matches being resxheduled.

Right now I only have a Champions League calendar being imported. I will see what I can find. Finding good importable calendars in the iCalendar format is pretty hit or miss.

People seem slow to update this stuff. Most of what was available so far is still 2011/2012 stuff. Maybe a bit too soon for 2012/2013 to start appearing, since most people create these by hand.

Edited by frstplce

I'm not a big fan of that calendars to be honest, for me more easy just browse the forums for something I need, but sometimes I just may check it to see what's going on & other stuff so I guess it's not bad. I'm not so sure on EPL fixtures because it's seems to be eternal issues on it due to often changes, so doubt it will be much useful. Maybe I'm wrong though.

But I'm really looking forward to see the new skin! I have to admitt the blue one just great, I've used to it and like it quite much, so I hope Red will be even better :)

Thanks for the updates, keep the good work.

Don't wanna waste your time on trifles guys but for now I have some new.. 'feature'. For a few days I got some space between the last section of forums (Off the Pitch) & board statistics. It's not biggy but a bit of annoying, need to spend an addition time for scrolling down :\

And how's new Red skin tests going? Can't wait to see it ;)

upd: Just figured out about my 'issue'. It's because of all that stuff on the side (latest posts, recent topics, calendar etc).I guess with new added calendar that side just became quite big and that's where's space came from.

So lame, I apologize.

Edited by fobiuz.fr

I will take a look into it. Way too many events are showing.

Should have the red skin up this coming week.

That's great, looking forward to it! Thanks.

Bit of a delay thanks to ending up busy with other work last week, but the new skin is up and available to all visitors of the site. You can check it out by selecting the "Prime" theme under the Change Theme link at the bottom of the board.

New default skin contender, or still in love with the Simple Blue?

Well, gotta put some words about new skin. After waiting and being excited on new Red theme I finally got it and... it looks interesting, kinda old school-ish, isn't it? It's like go back to old consoles after using next-gen one. I dunno why but I think it's because of the dark red (claret red or ruby red ?) and a font type, right ?!

Can't say I like that big icons, seems too big for me. As well as the light grey background, and that's why - for example in this thread I've put some pictures with LFC North American tour (first post) and its white, but with this grey back it's dosen't fit well and looks kinda ugly :\. It is not a major issue of course but mostly this type of pictures goes with white backs so it will never fit.

But in general design seems pretty good and I actually like card-type profile view on the left side. Colors pretty bright and fit well.

I think I need to use it for some time just to get an unbiassed attitude and just used to it, but for now I'm in love with Simple Blue and seems like I was using this skin forever haha. It's just so simple... simple love lol

It's only an opinion though, and the most important thing that Red Skin very different from the Blue one so at least you have a choise which is always nice, right?

Oh, and I think we maybe can use a poll (in the future?) or maybe even use opinions from most active members of SoccerShouts just to explain which skin they are using and why, with suggestions as well.

Anyway, thank you for this update, changes always welcome I believe, and I hope for more to come in the future ;)

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 105 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online