Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
frstplce

Updates for May 2012

19 posts in this topic

I've fixed the social media links on the skin. Thanks for pointing that out.

I haven't noticed the issue with the images on the homepage. Are you talking about article images or from the gallery rotation?

Gallery rotation. Sometimes a smaller image is zommed in too much and it doesn't look right.

drogbat.png

Not sure what can be done about that. Seems to be auto resizing to fit the area.

Not sure what can be done about that. Seems to be auto resizing to fit the area.

The much smaller PNG of club emblems I uploaded seem to be fine. Is there a max limit size for the images so that there isn't any such problem? May be I should resize them if that is the case.

It has less to do with the size of the image and more to do with dimensions. Those that are larger but not in the dimensions of the gallery box get clipped. Most of the control of that is within a javascript, so I'm not sure what I can do with that. It does appear that I can have scroll bars appear when an image is clipped though, so I'll try that next time some larger images show up in the rotation.

I must say the Gallery images do make the homepage look nice and it has got a little bit of activity as well recently.

Added the Euro 2012 Stadiums..

With a continuing focus on media sharing, the Soccer Media category has been brought out of the tiny corner it has been occupying and all subforums are now fully viewable right from the forum index. Between our streaming video, image gallery and downloadable clips, my goal is the continuing growth of SoccerShouts as THE destination for soccer media content.

Gotta love it - a bit unusual though but it will help to browse all the video content SS has now, I'm pretty sure. Good work.

Do let me know how its working out after a few weeks. This is something new I wanted to try to make it easier to see the most recent posts in the videos section just like the rest of the board.

I do. A few feeks later I have used to it and frankly I got a strong feeling that forums looked like that all the time. In fact when it has been brought out of the tiny corner I realised there's a whole huge section of a Streaming Video. I mean I know it was on the main site but I've always log-on direct to forums so it was quite upon me.

Also it's very useful for users that just comes to get some new video. You know your right section but at the same time you can have quick overlook and maybe catch up some interesting posts or articles in other sub-forums which was quite hard before. it worked for me at least for a few times so I can imagine it'll work for someone else as well.

I knew SP before mostly because of the Video section so for now it's even easy and quicker access which I believe more users will do and already did appreciate :)

So keep the good work around and surely I will try to post some feedbacks here!

1 person likes this

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 116 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online