Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
frstplce

Updates for May 2012

19 posts in this topic

Earlier today a set of updates to the software that runs this site was performed. Here's a rundown of at least some of the changes affecting users.

New warning points system

With the recent update, the system upon which warnings are issued has also changed. We have moved from a “3 strikes

1 person likes this

External Notifications

Chrome users can now install the Tapatalk Notification plugin and be notified of new replies to subscribed topics and new private messages even when not currently on the SoccerShouts site.

You can read more info on the plugin and install it from the Chrome web store here: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/plfhcjljnfjpfcbjpgnflfofmahljkjj

New Skin

A new skin is available to all users of the site, including guests. The name of the new theme is "Simple Blue", and you can preview this skin using the Change Theme link at the very bottom of the board.

1 person likes this

External Notifications

Chrome users can now install the Tapatalk Notification plugin and be notified of new replies to subscribed topics and new private messages even when not currently on the SoccerShouts site.

You can read more info on the plugin and install it from the Chrome web store here: https://chrome.googl...gnflfofmahljkjj

Is the subscribed topic thing working now after the updates? It had some issues with the previous update and didn't really work

Bill you may need to increase the character limits for the tags again. All the tags aren't being displayed at the moment.

I love the new skin very much as well as this new font here, well done lads. IMHO it is a too much blue, I mean it is looks a little bit pale [don't really know the right word in english, sorry] blue, but it is no biggie I believe :)

1 person likes this

Bill I really dig the new extra options in promoting a post as an article to the front page. I really like the fact that we have a teaser part and a body part for the article.

Their is an option for having the authors name but I used it , but it doesn't appear anywhere. Can you check this?

We're still using the old display template for articles and it likely needs to be updated. I'm working on some new homepage stuff now, so I'll add updating the article view template to the list.

Some issues with the blue skin. The icons at the top left of youtube, twitter and facebook dont lead to SoccerShouts pages. I guess you forgot to fix the links.

Also the images on the homepage are not always displayed properly. Sometimes they are zoomed in too much..

I've fixed the social media links on the skin. Thanks for pointing that out.

I haven't noticed the issue with the images on the homepage. Are you talking about article images or from the gallery rotation?

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0