Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lukemeister

Breaking news Thread.

112 posts in this topic

I fail to understand how people are living their lives for the virus, by turning their face coverings into a fashion accessory. Common sense tells me that a mask is not a fashion accessory. Logic tells me that a mask is not a fashion accessory. A mask is not something that you get your sports team name embroidered onto. That would be like getting your sports team name embroidered onto your wheel chair if you cannot walk, or painted onto your oxygen tank if you have difficulty breathing, or painted onto your cast if you have a broken bone, or something equally horrible. A virus is not something you live your life for; it is something you try to find a vaccine for.

I hate not being able to visit my loved ones in their living rooms. I hate this evil virus with every beat of my heart. How any sane, rational, logical person can, in their right mind swallow this bull crap is simply beyond me.

Everyone should be looking forward to the day when a vaccine is created, and celebratory bonfires are lit all around the world, and every face covering and every social distancing marker goes up in smoke, when every mask gets destroyed in the bonfire. Everyone should want to say good riddance to the social distancing marker. Everyone should want to say good riddance to the disgusting, nasty mask.

I cannot comprehend how people are getting their sports team names embroidered onto a nasty, disgusting, vile thing that really should be destined to go up in smoke.

Edited by John Flushing
There are no words.

22 hours ago, John Flushing said:

I cannot comprehend how people are getting their sports team names embroidered onto a nasty, disgusting, vile thing that really should be destined to go up in smoke.

I hate them too, but at least here in Pennsylvania I can't go to work or a store without one so I have to live with it. Therefore, I'm going to continue rocking my Trump 2020 mask. If I have to wear one, I figure I can at least piss off half the population while wearing it. :D

I already bought my mask years before the coronavirus. I do not know how to drive a car, and prefer to use the train-and-bus system (and/or walk) for transportation whenever feasible, regardless of how good the weather is (but sadly the public transportation here in the New York City suburbs is a joke). When I purchased this mask, I never imagined I would be wearing it on the bus, nor did I imagine using it at the grocery store. The impenetrable, rock-hard piece of plastic makes it more effective than most other masks, while simultaneously making it more expensive. Thankfully, there is no need for me to put this reusable mask through the washing machine.

DSC00829.jpg

On 7/19/2020 at 5:08 PM, John Flushing said:

I already bought my mask years before the coronavirus. I do not know how to drive a car, and prefer to use the train-and-bus system (and/or walk) for transportation whenever feasible, regardless of how good the weather is (but sadly the public transportation here in the New York City suburbs is a joke). When I purchased this mask, I never imagined I would be wearing it on the bus, nor did I imagine using it at the grocery store. The impenetrable, rock-hard piece of plastic makes it more effective than most other masks, while simultaneously making it more expensive. Thankfully, there is no need for me to put this reusable mask through the washing machine.

DSC00829.jpg

Nice protective option. But yikes, all I can think about is the 97 degree weather we're having, with plenty of humidity to go with it. I can't imagine that can be pleasant to wear sitting still on a train or walking about.

Alex Trebek will be sorely missed every time we watch Jeopardy. There will never be another like him.

I am watching the live New Orleans Mardi Gras parade on Youtube and wishing they had a similar parade in New York City. I doubt that the New York City Police Department would enjoy providing security for such a parade, however.

On 2/21/2023 at 10:00 AM, John Flushing said:

I doubt that the New York City Police Department would enjoy providing security for such a parade, however.

I don't see why not. They handle the massive crowds from Times Square for New Years events just fine. It's just expensive. But that's why sponsors and broadcaster fees exist.

These US banks collapsing are crazy

1 person likes this