Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lukemeister

Breaking news Thread.

112 posts in this topic

Just to keep animals story here and this time even related with football..

FOXNews: Furry field invasion by causes havoc at soccer match in Switzerland

THUN, Switzerland – A field invasion by a sharp-toothed, weasel-like creature has created havoc at a soccer match in Switzerland.

The furry creature, a marten, dashed onto the field a few minutes into the top division match between Thun and FC Zurich on Sunday and evaded efforts by players and match officials to catch it. Play briefly resumed when the animal ran into the stands, but the marten reappeared shortly afterward.

Zurich defender Loris Benito dived and grabbed the marten — receiving a bitten finger for his troubles as he tried to carry it off the field. His team's goalkeeper, Davide Da Costa, then managed to put an end to the creature's caper and bundle it off the field.

Zurich won the match 4-0.

also from yahoo:

After running across the pitch once, the animal returned seconds after the referee whistle play to continue. A small net was used to try and imprison it, but it broke free and again ran across the pitch before getting tackled by Zurich's Loris Benito. Desperate to break free, the furry pest bit Benito on the finger, but he held on and carried it off.

After Benito received treatment for his bloody finger, the marten returned yet again, but this time the goalkeeper grabbed him and was impervious to the bites thanks to his gloves. Finally, the marten was removed from the building, the match was able to continue and someone had the genius idea to add the Benny Hill theme to this video.

"In hindsight, it was obviously foolish of me [to try and catch it]," said Benito after the match. "Who knows what diseases the animal had. But I wanted to play the match and now I simply trust my immune system."

I hope marten is alright ;) But I feel they guy though, I got bitten by polecat (if I got the name right) This creature kinda reminds me marten. My parents had them (polecats) on their balcony when I was very young and one of them tasted my finger as well and it was quite painful indeed. But still they are very cute lol

'Human Chain' Saves Boy, 12, From Drowning

A 12-year-old New Zealand boy, who was swept out to sea by rough waters, was rescued by beachgoers after they formed a human chain to pull the boy back to the shore.

Josh McQuoid had been playing with a friend along the water’s edge on Marine Parade in Napier, New Zealand, Sunday when he was whisked out to sea, and close to drowning, according to One News in New Zealand.

McQuoid was dragged nearly 500 feet along the beach and fought eight long minutes for air against the pounding surf.

“The waves smashed me so much, there were five really big ones, they flipped me around quite a few times,

Explosions rock finish of Boston Marathon; 2 killed and scores injured

With thousands of runners still on the course, two bombs exploded at the finish line of the Boston Marathon on Monday, killing two people, injuring scores more and turning the city’s most celebrated event into a grisly spectacle of shattered glass, blood and screams.

One of the dead was an 8-year-old child, a law enforcement official told NBC News.

Video from the scene showed people fleeing and an enormous cloud of white smoke after two blasts went off about 20 seconds apart. Emergency personnel carried bloody spectators away.

http://usnews.nbcnew...?lite&gt1=43001

Updated totals now at 3 dead, 140 injured (17 critical).

Edited by frstplce
totals

It was horrible, condolences to those who suffered.

Navy SEALs Spotted at Boston Marathon Wearing Suspicious Backpacks? (Not Seals, see update)

Savvy Internet sleuths have found images taken from surveillance cameras of members of the crowd gathered at the Boston Marathon that appear to identify Navy SEALs.

http://www.infowars....ious-backpacks/

Boston runners were warned: Squamish man

Runners getting set to take part in the Boston Marathon were warned beforehand that they were going to die, said a Squamish resident who took part in the race.

http://www.squamishc...ed-squamish-man

Update

Photos: Private military operatives hired to ‘work’ the Boston marathon

Natural News has now confirmed that at least five private military contractors were operating on scene at the Boston marathon, and that they all carried black backpacks which look very similar to the backpack carrying the pressure cooker bomb (see pictures below).

http://www.infowars.com/photos-private-military-operatives-hired-to-work-the-boston-marathon-with-black-backpacks-radiation-detectors-tactical-gear/

Edited by frstplce
updated news

Its crazy whats happening there.

LONDON — Two suspected Islamist terrorists have been shot after a soldier was brutally hacked to death in south east London, just 200 yards from an army barracks, in a nightmarish attack that left the victim beheaded, according to eyewitnesses.

The men reportedly waited for 20 minutes until police arrived and were shot while trying to attack the officers. They were taken to separate hospitals and one is in a serious condition.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/international/terror_official_barbaric_attack_X20RxbpdKtktCqvdj4St6H

We've had some discussion in the past about how those of you in the UK find some interesting things about America when it comes to violence and guns. Reading this piece today I couldn't help but think of how this was a uniquely British crime. Especially waiting 20 minutes for the cops to arrive. Or the fact that it took 20 minutes to find someone with a gun to show up. That people had no problem walking up to and talking to a pair of knife wielding crazies. As an American, the cultural differences amaze me. One thing I'm sure we can all agree on though is what a shame for the soldier and his family to be the victim of such an attack.

Its caused a massive upset in the country not helped racial Tensions at all, its not looking good for the Future, a lot of people are very upset and the English Defence League (wikipedia be your friend) have vowed revenge and grown massively in support the past few days, the night it happened there were several attacks on mosques up and down the country.

Wouldnt surprise me if there is a repeat of the riots we had august 2011.

This weekend is going to be nteresting for the country, the EDL are planning a Mass demonstration in Newcastle tommorrow and one on Monday outside number 10 Downing Street.

Just to add there demonstrations almost always turn Violent so there is potential for the shit to hit the fan. :huh:

It was abslutly disgusting but people don't need to go around torching Mosquse and stuff, tat's just as bad and arguably worse.