Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
frstplce

Server Move

6 posts in this topic

I just wanted to apologize for not being able to give a warning that the site was going to be down/moving. I received an email from our host informing us they were going to start moving immediately, which put me in a tight spot. I was already working on setting up a new server myself under a different host, one that I would have control of. When the email from our old host came through just a bit ago, I was forced to move the site to the new server I was setting up to avoid extended downtime with our old host.

That said, I haven't had much time to properly test and tweak the configuration for this server, which I will be doing over the next couple of days. I want to see how much pressure this site puts on the server, as this server is just for SoccerShouts (and any other side projects I come up with).

Everything was packed and moved from the old server, so everything should be intact. If you notice anything out of order, or any bugs/slowness on the new machine, please let me know either through this thread or by opening a new thread in the Account Support forum.

Thanks,

Bill

1 person likes this

OK cool. Over and done with then. Speed seems fine for me so far. Maybe a good time to do it. I would imagine the majority of users will be offline for the next few days, I probably will be. So if any changes need to be made, they won't be happening whilst the forum is overloaded.

...and posting time is improved too, much better than earlier today

That is good to hear. The backup server is still a bit bugged at the moment, but I should have that operational by the weekend. I will just be making manual backups until then.

It has been working fine for me all day , not a issue.

I just wanted to reiterate that SoccerShouts is running from a new host and will not be subject to additional downtime or the loss of any posts/registrations related to those server actions of our old host.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 43 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online