Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
frstplce

Dark Skin

6 posts in this topic

A new skin has been available to members for a few days now, though only those who were paying attention to the status updates may have noticed.

The new skin is available under the Change Theme menu at the bottom of the board and is labeled SS Dark. It is our first dark skin, and likely the only one for the foreseeable future. The default color of this skin can be changed via the paint palette icon at the top-left of the page. Note that after you pick your color you have to click the color wheel icon in the popup for it to be saved.

This skin is available to all members who have made their 5 posts and are no longer in the New Members group.

1 person likes this

After my initial doubts about this skin , I seem to have fallen in love with this one.

Absolutely great.

I don't like this one that much. Something is lacking. What I severely dislike is when you hover over the background, the colour goes darker, and when you move your mouse away it goes lighter, which is annoying to say the least. Like TNB said, I, too, like this skin, but I don't love it. Personally, like I mentioned in the secret area, if we can all, as staff, decide on one fixed colour with regards to this skin - then it's better, in my view, anyway.

Revising the fixed color is fine, I'm open to suggestions. Of course, the color picker will be available no matter what. No reason people shouldn't be able to customize it as they would like.

I did mention 3 options in the staff lounge. A lighter color may be to give it a better contrast makes the skin look nice.

That's the thing though, I'm not really looking for contrasting colors. The overall theme is dark, so having a brighter background seems to go against that.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• By frstplce
      Today I am announcing the general availability of a new theme for all members entitled simply, "Modern". A preview of the new theme is available below. This theme may not be for everyone, but that is why we offer several to choose from.
      Some of the features of this new theme include: reduced page scrolling due to use of hover for descriptions, faster thread loading with a reduced member info block, and a customizable color selector to add your own bit of personalization as you browse.
      As with all skins, you can select this theme for use by using the "Change Theme" link at the very bottom of the page.

• Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 105 Guests (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online