Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
The Next Berbatov

Action Cameras

16 posts in this topic

Over the last few weeks, I've come across some quality content of action cameras and it has really made me want to buy an Action Camera. A drone as well. GoPro Karma or DJI Mavic. I've started following a few Vlogers and have been addicted to them.

In the meantime I decide and save up to buy an action camera, enjoy some quality content. 

1 person likes this

5 hours ago, The Next Berbatov said:

Over the last few weeks, I've come across some quality content of action cameras and it has really made me want to buy an Action Camera. A drone as well. GoPro Karma or DJI Mavic. I've started following a few Vlogers and have been addicted to them.

Pretty much the same here. Was thinking to get GoPro 4 Black Edition, but realized there's already GoPro 5 which is actually cheaper than GoPro4..

And what's thus GoPro karma? never heard of it before. Also, I'm now starting to think whether it worth buying action camera like GoPro for landscape filming/vloging or better go for some more classic one from Sony/Canon.

By the way, this video is super amazing! And music, so good. Thanks for posting!

Can I ask what vlogers do you following?

GoPro karma is basically a drone with a gopro camera. Hero 4/Hero 5 i think. It was supposed to be launched in October but they had some technical issues with Battery life after launch, so all the units were called back. I am waiting for DjiMavic which i feel is better. 

I ve been folllowing Casey Neistat. Check out his content, he uses drones a lot in his videos and has some reviews of them as well. Unfortunately just as i started following him, he has quit vlogging. 

Thanks for reply, man. After that video, I've searched a bit about Karma and GoPro 5 and now I want to buy those again. I'm still not sure whether it's best to buy action camera or a classic one, but GoPro 5 quality really is amazing. I also like the drone pricing so I'm thinking to get it instead.

Have to search for DjiMavic though.

And I actually know Casey. Watched him here and there, not a big fan, but agree, he produce some top quality content. Right now I'm watching daily Gary Vaynerchuck. You may know him because of Casey, as they are filmed some stuff together.

The karma and mavic (actually all the drones) have a flight time of about 20-25 minutes. So one might need to buy additional batteries in case they plan on recording some stuff.  The mavic has options of following you where they'll self detect and keep on shooting you and its smaller than GoProKarma. 

As for action cameras and normal cameras, it really depends what exactly you want to take pictures of.  Sometimes, my mobile camera works great as well for taking selfies and paranoma pictures. But I never risk my camera when I plan to do adventure sports. I really want to have pictures / videos of myself when I am at the beach, skydiving, water park etc. which can happen with an Action Camera only for me. 

I really liked GoPro footage and have watched few videos on new GoPro 5 Black. My concerns towards the sound as it seems to be worse than it was on GoPro 4 Black.

As for drones, I really like the following you feature, but I still lean towards Karma more.

I need a camera for different things. Vlogging and landscape footage, but knowing I'm quite an active person and want to explore more I would like to use my camera on the go. I was close to air balloon adventure last year, so definitely going to do one in the upcoming 2017. But I'm worried about sound quality. Can I use additional mic for GoPro or something like that?

I am not sure about the additional camera on a go pro. 

Yesterday I saw a few videos of drone fails and was wondering whether it is good to spend a huge amount on a camera which I can break at the first try.  Will wait for it though. Definitely going to buy a gopro but not sure which one. 

Plus there are a lot of enhancements which one buys with a GoPro. So this will come up definitely when I am visiting Europe or US in the future.