Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ADude

Streams ?

6 posts in this topic

Are links to streams allowed ?

If not, are links to other sites that do have links to streams allowed ?

Thanks.

I don't see why not. As of this posting, it appears there is still no legal issues with the viewing of a stream. So go for it.

But it looks like - so far - no one is posting links to live streams (as opposed to downloads of the completed match video)... is that just because the site is relatively new ?

I don't think that's the case. It's just something that never seemed to take off for whatever reason. Some of the cappers providing downloads do have revenue in mind, so I know why they stick to downloads.

People come looking for those downloads too. Shortly after a match ends, traffic spikes. The bigger the game the bigger the spike. I've never seen anyone post a stream or request one before. I figure they either aren't as interested or already know where to look.

Actually, year ago or so I posted Stream links few times in a particualr match thread topics, I know some members did the same thing. But I guess the main priority here is to download game itself rather than watch in small-window screen. Especially with the speed of uploads you can easily skip the game and then watch it spoiler-free just in after few hours.