Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
frstplce

New Skin

14 posts in this topic

We have a nice new forum software running, so it seemed like the right time to launch a new skin. Introducing our newest skin, "Create". This new skin is a nice step up from our previous skins. With Create, you can do just that. SoccerShouts is your forum, so why shouldn't it represent your personal style?

Along the top toolbar, you will see a little picture icon next to "View New Content." Click this, and you will see a background selector slide out with a number of different backgrounds to choose from. None of them your style? Just enter a URL to your own image and have your own unique design.

Enjoy. Let me know what you think, or upload a screenshot of your custom SoccerShouts look.

One word of advice: Nothing too white. Some text may be unreadable on overly white backgrounds.

Also, the old skin will still be around if you really liked it. I will continue to support that skin on the site for at least the next 12 months. Just head down to the Change Theme link at the bottom of the board and select SP v1.1 for the old skin.

Edit (Aug 20): Fixed a permissions issue that was keeping some groups from accessing the old skin. Should be available to all registered members with 5 or more posts now.

Edited by frstplce

Its looking really nice man :D, the swimming pool blue one is my favourite as you already know ;).

This forums gets more amazing, day after day.

I like this. Great job :)

I like the fact that we can chose different background images. But with my screen resolution , the space on the sides is a bit more than my liking. But I can get used to it.

Making a change to that now. Let's see how variable width with a minimum defined width works. Let me know if this improves things for you.

Edited by frstplce

Is it done?

Only the width on the main page has changed , which is much better now. But along with that the spaces between the videos subforum links (England , Video Compilation etc) has increased even further which makes it look a bit odd.

The space on the rest of the subforum is still the same.

Bill in case you haven't noticed. The forum description have disappeared in the new skin.

You do get them when you put your cursor on a particular subforum , Is that intentional?

Bill in case you haven't noticed. The forum description have disappeared in the new skin.

You do get them when you put your cursor on a particular subforum , Is that intentional?

I think its better like that, makes the main page look a lot more tidier.

Love how everythings looking now, all the post problems are sorted aswell.

Everythings great. :)

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0